1 Pack of Goldenfry Chip Shop Batter Mix
Vegetable oil for deep fat frying
Spices (e.g. chilli, paprika, cumin, garlic) or your favourite spice blend
1 medium courgette sliced
1 bell pepper deseeded and sliced
1 large onion peeled and sliced
1 small potato peeled and sliced
- Heat oil in a deep fat fryer for 10 minutes to 150°C.
- Chop up the courgette and pepper into chunks roughly 2-3 inches long and 1 inch wide.
- Cut the onion into circles half an inch thick and thinly slice the potato.
- In a bowl combine and mix your favourite Indian spices together and use this to generously coat all over the veg.
- In another mixing bowl mix the chip batter mix with 200ml of cold water and whisk.
- Once the oil has heated up, dip each piece of veg into the batter making sure it’s covered fully and slowly place into the oil to fry for 3-4 minutes until golden brown.
- Fry approximately 4-5 pieces at a time and then enjoy with a dipping sauce of your choice!