We are looking for exceptional additions to our Technical Department
EXPERIENCED QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER/S
PANAMA SHIFT PATTERN (84 HOURS OVER 14 DAY PERIOD)
To ensure that the FSQMS is embedded within the factory on the shifts allocated and the QA auditors on your shifts are fully trained and competent to fulfil their roles at all times.
Reports and Reporting
Reports to; Head of Technical
Direct Reports; QA Auditors on your shift
Peers; Shift Manager, Engineering Manager, Hygiene Manager, Technical Services Co-ordinators
• Ensure that company health & safety and food safety obligations are maintained at all times by you and your team.
• Play an active role within the HACCP Team
• Complete and communicate technical reports as agreed.
• Proactively interpret reports and data based around the food safety and quality objectives, communicate findings and initiate corrective action plans.
• Site support for customer / third party audits and visits
• Deputise for the Head Of Technical as required
• Work in tandem with the other opposite QAM ensuring that you communicate effectively between your shifts
• Play an proactive role in site meetings
• Budget control for analytical testing and QA overtime
• Complete projects and assignments as agreed with Head of Technical
• Ensure that the QA team are trained, coached and managed to complete all of their daily, weekly and monthly tasks on time, accurately and correctly.
• Ensure you work in tandem with your QA Manager on the opposite shift rota
• Review individual QA performance and implement periodic individual and team development plans.
• Complete individual competence assessments against defined FSQMS activities such as CCP’s, label and coding, allergen, species, and allergen free from
• Ensure that CCP training is completed effectively to support the manufacturing teams and CCP training records are maintained.
• Direct QA’s in the initial investigation and reporting of NCR’s
• Support the site teams investigate NCR’s using RCA where appropriate, agree appropriate actions and verify implementation of these actions
• Complete food safety elements of the company induction
• Ensure the QA training plan and matrix are maintained
• Ensure there is adequate QA resources available on each shift
• Ensure that all teams are aware of the GMP standards required across the site.
• Ensure that factory facing elements of the FSQMS; work instructions and procedures are practical, accurate and meet the operational needs of the business whilst also ensuring compliance with customer requirements and legal obligations
• Audit the effective implementation of factory facing FSQMS ensuring compliance with customer requirements and legal obligations. Where gaps are identified evaluate and communicate findings and agree improvement plans.
• Management of the GMP audit process ensuring audits are completed and reported effectively
• Complete internal audits to plan, agree improvements with stakeholders and verify the effective implementation of these improvements.
• Complete fabrication audits to plan, agree improvements with stakeholders and verify the effective implementation of these improvements.
Systems and Process
• Ensure that product information for new / changed product and packaging is effectively implemented at the point of change.
• Ensure that product information databases are current and maintained at all times.
• Custodian of the product hold, NCR and concession log.
• Complete product and process validations as agreed with the Head of Technical, this includes allergen, species, free from positive release, shelf life, metal detection.
• Maintain the equipment calibration and validation plan internally and with external stakeholders
• Management of customer complaints data base, complaint communication and investigation
• Complete and maintain factory facing risk assessments as agreed with the Head of Technical such as allergen, species, label and coding, foreign body detection and removal, product testing, food defence
• Complete technical food safety commissioning of new equipment
• Verify factory facing elements of the customer specifications
• Make live the factory mixing sheets
• Ensure all new and existing finished products, work in progress, environment and water points are tested and analysed according to the testing plans and that these plans are adequately maintained at all times. Act on OOS results and trends.
• Ensure the product taste panel process is effectively implemented and where required work with the site teams. Act on OOS results and trends
• NCR’s RCA and corrective actions agreed and completed on time (Factory and Internal Audit)
• Improving GMP Audit scores
• Reduction in food safety near misses
• Customer complaint reduction
• Reduction in rejected WIP and finished product
• Documented periodic 1-2-1’s with the QA’s with agreed outcomes
• Customer and third party audit scores
• Analytical surveillance performance (customer and internal)
• 0 customer withdrawals / recall
• New equipment / new product launches right first time
• Reduction in downtime caused by food safety and quality incidents
Key behaviours and characteristics
• Proactive approach
• Makes decisions based around fact
• Collaborative, team player
• Strong coaching skills
• Honesty and integrity
• Good communicator and listener
• Emotional resilience
• Ability to influence the teams around them
• Problem solver
• Ability to understand information and make risk based decisions
• Excellent communication skills
• Functioning and demonstrable experience in coaching and developing QA teams
• Ability to manage team consistently and effectively
• Experience in lean manufacturing and root cause analysis
• Budget management
Key knowledge and experience
• 5 + Years’ QA Management / Junior Technical Management experience within Food Manufacturing, with both private label and branded product experience
• Experience of interpreting and implementing retailer codes of practice such as allergen, free from, foreign body
• Level 3 HACCP – Minimum with experience of playing an active role within the HACCP team
• Level 4 Food Safety
• Allergen awareness
• Lead Auditor, with experience of completing internal audits
• Train the Trainer qualification, with experience of training and coaching teams
Salary: £45-50,000 per annum
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY PLEASE CONTACT: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 08.10.20