1 pack cooked king/jumbo prawns
1 pack smoked haddock fillets
green veg such as asparagus or broccoli, lightly steamed.
2 or 3 hardboiled eggs, halved
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
40g pack cheese sauce mix (made as per pack instructions)
1 tsp English mustard
pinch cayenne pepper
juice from a lemon
1 tbsp chopped parsley
For the Topping
Goldenfry Natural Breadcrumbs
4 spring onions
small piece of parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/ Gas 4.
- Cook the haddock – see instructions on pack. I usually simmer mine in milk, then flake into shallow dish along with the prawns.
- Gently sauté the onion and carrot for about 10 mins. Add the cheese sauce, mustard, cayenne pepper, chopped parsley and lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Put the green veg and the fish in an ovenproof dish. Pour over the sauce and mix gently. Place the eggs on top and spoon the breadcrumb topping over.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 30 minutes. Pop under the grill to brown if needed.