142g Goldenfry Yorkshire Pudding and Pancake Mix
250ml cold water
1 free range egg
200g blueberries (optional)
4 tbsp natural yoghurt
- Make the pancake batter as per pack instructions with 250ml of cold water and 1 medium egg. Whisk thoroughly to form a smooth batter, then transfer to a jug. Fold through the blueberries, if using.
- Put a large frying pan on a medium heat and after a minute or so, add ½ tablespoon of oil. Carefully tilt the pan to spread the oil out evenly.
- Add a few ladles of batter to the pan, leaving enough space between each one so they have room to spread out slightly – each ladleful will make one pancake, and you’ll need to cook them in batches.
- Cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, or until little bubbles appear on the surface and the bases are golden, then use a flat spatula to carefully flip them over.
- When the pancakes are golden on both sides, use a flat spatula to transfer the pancakes to a plate.
- Repeat steps 3 to 7 with the remaining batter, adding ½ tablespoon of oil to the pan between batches, if needed.
- Serve the pancakes straight away, topped with a dollop of natural yoghurt, and some extra berries, if you like.
Try adding a handful of mixed fruit and a teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter before baking, serve with a drizzle of golden syrup and vanilla ice-cream.